Print Your Coupons Here!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Playing (and Winning) Sweeps

It's fun to play some sweeps. . . and win! I've won all sorts of free product coupons and gift cards in the past 15 months or so. My biggest win was a $1000 Home Depot gift card! I don't play every day, but if I have an extra five minutes I go to Freebies4Mom's sweeps page and try to enter a few of my favorite sweeps. These are the sweeps I am playing right now:

  • Cheerios--Receive $4 in coupons for signing up, and play every day to win a free box of cereal by mail. Over 50,000 boxes will be given away.
  • Pace--Win a free jar of salsa or picante sauce ($4 off coupon by mail). I've won several of these. Get a free code to play by clicking right under the code box.
  • MyCoke--Win a $20 gift card or other prizes. I won 2 gift cards last year. Get 2 free entries per day by clicking on "official rules" by "chk undr cap". Scroll down 3 times to the red "click here" under #5.
  • Extra 3PM Snackdown--Win "snackdown cash" to redeem for thousands of items. Over 11,000 winners. Free code to enter is AZZZZFHG. Then check your email to see if you've won.
  • Nature Valley--Win one of 750 prizes, either a Nature Valley T-shirt or a coupon for a free box of Dark Chocolate Peanut & Almond Sweet & Salty Nut bars.
  • Dove Spin for your Skin--Spin 3 times a day to win one of 2,000 coupons for a 2-pk of Dove soap.
  • WhyMilk--Enter every day to win free milk for a year (given as 52 coupons--one gallon a week). 120 instant winners. You can also print off a coupon for a free gallon of milk with a $100 purchase.
I use a different email address for entering my sweeps (not that I get a lot of spam, but just in case). I also heard some good advice about not entering sweeps you can't afford to win. Any big wins will be reported to the IRS, and you have to pay taxes on them, which means money out of pocket unless the prize was cash. So if you win a dream home in AZ or a trip to Europe, make sure you have enough cash on hand to be able to pay the taxes on those big wins. To be safe, I just don't enter the big sweeps. I'm happy with small wins! :-) If you win something, be sure to come back and let me know so I can rejoice with you!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Jessica. I found a new sweeps today looking for an Old El Paso coupon. (We do a taco pie with one of the dinner kits.) ANYWAYS...they have a sweeps over there.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/old-el-paso/Old-El-Paso-Landing-Page.htm

AND...I got my first overage today! I had the old $2 off Aleve...took the $4 off Aleve WAGS and found a bottle on sale for 5.19! YEAH!

Jessica-MomForHim said...

Thanks for that Michelle!

Way to go on the overage! :-)

Shari said...

Jessica,
Hi! I just had to share something fun with you today. A few months ago you posted that you won a Home Depot gift card from a sweepstakes and said to check out sweeties sweeps blog; which I did and spent a good week or two applying for various sweeps (a wee bit addicting!) And low and behold today I received an email that I won a Leapster 2 from a
sweeps! So, wanted to thank you for the tip :o)..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin