Print Your Coupons Here!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Weekly Groceries-Saved 69%

This week I did 4 transactions and then went back in for 2 more, a total of 6 transactions. I spent $66.75 over 6 transactions and saved $150.91, a savings of 69%. I had so many groceries I had a hard time getting a picture of them all, so here's a whole view and then 2 half views closer-up. You can also click on the pictures for a closer view if you'd like.The cereal deal was great as usual--The subtotal was $18.94 for 6 boxes, (plus $9 in other items so my coupons would double). Then the $10 General Mills promotion came off, making the cereal $8.94. I doubled 5 $1 internet printable coupons and used 1 more $1 off that didn't double, taking $11 off, effectively making my cereal total -$2.06 (but remember, I had other items so my total didn't actually go negative). Then I got a catalina for $3.50 off milk which I used on my next order. Take -$2.06+$4.70 for 2 gallons of milk=$2.64, minus the $3.50 catalina, which made my total -$0.86 for 6 boxes of cereal AND 2 gallons of milk! I love these promotions! Now you see why I will NEVER pay more than $1 for a box of cereal--and I definitely prefer to get it for free!








These items were better than free: Dreamfields pasta (made $0.11), Cereal x6 and 2 gallons of milk (made $0.86--I only had a catalina for one milk, but I had so much overage I counted it towards the other gallon of milk and still had overage!), and Kraft cheese x4 and Kraft parmesan cheese (spent $4.65 after coupons, got a $5 catalina--made $0.35). Not a whole lot of overage this week, but still a lot for better than free!

These items were free: Campbell's soup x4 (after raincheck and doubled coupon), Activia yogurt x5, Danimals yogurt x2, Betty Crocker potatoes, Tree Top 3-pk. juiceboxes x4.

These items were $1 or less: Campbell's soup x2, Danonino yogurt, Blue Bonnet margarine x2, Old Orchard juice x4, Pillsbury crescents x4, PastaRoni x10 (our girls' favorite--and it hasn't been on sale for awhile so I had to stock up!), bread x5, bananas, apples, tomatoes, yogurt covered peanuts, chicken patties and nuggets x5, and Fiber One cottage cheese x2.

I also bought: 3 packs of diapers, broccoli, lettuce, Doritos, Sunchips x2, string cheese, ricotta cheese x2, and 8 pizzas (I was selected to host a DiGiorno House Party, but my party pack never arrived, so I bought some pizzas anyway--I don't want to disappoint 26 people!).

How about you? Did you take advantage of the cereal deal or the P&G deal (spend $20, get $5)? Did you get anything for free or better than free?

9 comments:

Krista, Bill, Eliya & Logan Kurtzweil said...

Well, I didn't save NEARLY as much as you did (I have a long way to go) but I did save 25%. I spent $74.97 (transfered $75 for my grocery trip, crazy huh?) and I believe I saved @$53. My cereal came to about $1.00/box. I also got 10 yogurts for $3. :) It's a lot of fun to do this an to plan out your trip (you help A LOT!) but I need to take more time I think in the planning process and I will be able to save even more. AND I need to use more coupons even if I can't double them. I sure am proud when I save a ton of money though!! (oh and my totals were also including 3lbs of meat, 4 pork chops, a bag of frozen chicken, miralax (which is $10) and batterys and toilet paper... so I thought it was pretty good considering!) Happy Friday!

Jessica-MomForHim said...

Good job, Krista! Cut yourself some slack--you are still new at this! I know you will get better and save even more.

Question for you--did you divide your order into multiple transactions so you could double your coupons? Did you use reusable bags (get a $0.05 credit each)? It all adds up to more than you think!

Anonymous said...

Jessica,

You are an awesome saver! I wish you would tell us how great you did before Wed. was over. You do some things I never thought of and would like to copy you to get great savings also. I love your site and things for all you do.

Peggy

The Prudent Homemaker said...

How amazing to have a store that doubles coupons! The stores don't do that here, but I wish they did!

Mandy said...

I was selected to host a DiGiornios party also! That's too bad you never received you pack :( Did you email them? I got an email stating that if I did NOT receive it to contact them. It would be worth doing since there are 6 FREE coupons and 12 for $4 off one. Nice job on the grocerys also :)

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just saw, that the Pick N Save in neenah WI, is doubling 10 coupons per transaction again this Wed!!!!! YEAH!

Michelle said...

Hey Jessica. I just used your photo and linked to you on Frugal Part 2. Make sure you check out Frugal Shmugal, too.

:D

Unknown said...

Wow, some awesome saving there! Wonderful! I will definitely be back to learn more! I never thought about splitting transactions. How do you get your $1 coupons to double? Mine never do!

Jessica-MomForHim said...

Margaret-
You have to know your store's policies. Mine doubles 5 coupons up to $1 per $25 transaction every Wednesday (Roundy's stores). Kroger stores double coupons every day, no limit, up to $0.50 (some double up to $0.75). So check with the stores in your area about their coupon policies. You might find that shopping the "more expensive" store will be cheaper if you shop sales and double coupons. That's what I found!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin