Print Your Coupons Here!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Weekly Groceries

This week I went to two grocery stores. I went to one of the local stores just to pick up their loss leaders. The milks were $1.48 each and everything else in the picture was $0.98 or less, but I still ended up paying $20.12 at that store, with a savings of 52%.

Then I went to Roundy's for their double coupon day and did 4 transactions. I did the Kellogg's/Keebler transaction first, because I didn't know if the products were going to ring up at regular price or the sale price, so I didn't know if I would need $10 more worth of groceries to get my coupons to double. So I had $10 more in products in my cart just in case and asked her to try doubling the first coupon. It did! Plus I apparently hit my personal perks goal of spending $90 last week because I got $4.50 off my bill (what?! you know I didn't spend $90 last week, but it must go off shelf prices). So that first receipt was only $1.74!

I put that stuff out in my car and came back in for 3 more transactions. Overall I spent $47.34, but I will get $5 back for the Jennie-O rebate (making those turkey burgers only $0.99!).
These items were free: I Can't Believe It's Not Butter x2, Yoplait Delights (I could only find 1 coupon! Grr!), Campbell's soup x4, Goody hair product, YoCrunch, and Keebler Cookies.

These items were $1 or less: Frigo string cheese x2, kidney beans x4, PastaRoni x2, Jennie-O turkey burgers (after rebate), Quaker oatmeal, Yoplait Grande x2, Kellogg's cereal x6, and Eggo syrup.

The girls will be excited about the Cuties, which I haven't been able to find at other stores--and I was excited to finally be able to double my $1/1 coupons! I never buy bottled water, but it was less than $2 for the 24 pack and I figured it would be good to have around. The Palermo's pizza was $2 ADC (from All You I think), and my Nestle chocolate chip coupons were expiring, so I wanted to use them. I also bought two boxes of Chai tea, one black and one green (anyone know if there is a difference in taste?)--I've been sick this week and have been going through tea like crazy!

My overall total for the week was $62.46 for 68 items, with a savings of $101.56 or 60%. Not too bad, but I was disappointed with myself for going over $55 for the second week in a row. However, my monthly total is $204.62, which is an average of $51.15 a week, so I'm still okay. Whew!

What deals did you score this week?

4 comments:

Together We Save said...

Wow - you did really well!! We love those Cuties and I can only find them at Walmart here. $4.99 per pack. :(

Jessica-MomForHim said...

I looked at our Walmart a couple weeks ago when I was there and didn't see any. They were $6.99 per pack, and I doubled a $1 coupon, so I got them for $4.99. I figured that's $1/lb, and they'd be going out of season soon, so I used it.

But for you, were you able to use a $1 coupon on the $4.99 pack, making them $3.99? That'd be a good deal!

Claire said...

With the Kellogg's deal the prices added up at shelf price not the special $1.88/ea price?

Jessica-MomForHim said...

Claire-
They did for me, and just like last week with the cereal, it automatically took off the difference as "Coupon Kellogg's-Keebler", so for some reason my coupons doubled. All I bought on that transaction was 8 Kellogg's/Keebler/Eggo products.

But I heard from someone else that she had to buy $35, so I think it depends on your store's registers. My suggestion is to try what I did--go up with your order and have $10 more in your cart, just in case. Have the cashier scan one coupon to see if it doubles. If it does, you're golden, if not, add the $10 in and then do the rest of your coupons.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin