Print Your Coupons Here!

Saturday, August 8, 2009

All You Challenge Week 4

The All You Challenge is almost over! Time to check in with how we did for week 4. Here is our menu plan for the past week.

Breakfasts:
Egg, ham and cheese sandwiches, Eggo products, cereal, homemade waffles and sausages, fruit, milk

Lunches: Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, PB&J, Ham and Cheese Wraps, Leftovers, fruit, tomatoes, carrots, milk
Dinners: Ham Bundles and corn on the cob; White Shells and steamed broccoli; Taco Bell and juice boxes from home; Chicken Wild Rice Casserole, biscuits and steamed asparagus; Sloppy Joes, corn on the cob and carrots; Taco Cornbread Pizza, tomatoes and steamed green beans; Crunchy Onion Chicken, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli; milk

We went to the zoo one night (to take advantage of free admission) and decided to get Taco Bell instead of packing a picnic dinner, which I just didn't have the time or energy to do. I decided we hadn't eaten out at all this week, and it was fine if we did so once. We had room in the budget, and it's okay to splurge once in awhile since we are frugal in other ways.

Groceries: $52.70
Taco Bell: $10.22

Week 4 Total: $62.92
TOTAL for the month (groceries and eating out): $273.49 for a family of 6

I'm sure I won't have the lowest overall OOP for the All You Grocery Challenge, but like I said before, I didn't alter the way we usually do things for this challenge. I hadn't added all the weeks together until just now, but we were right on compared to what we usually spend! We usually spend about $200 a month on groceries and budget about $75 for eating out.

If you participated in the All You Challenge, let me know how you did and what your strategy was. If you posted about it on your blog, leave your link so I can visit you!

1 comments:

PraiseJunky said...

I am absolutely floored that you can spend so little and feed your family. I am completely intrigued. We have a family of four and I just came back from the grocery store and spent $150 for a week. And that was trying to buy things that were on sale or buy one get one. Please tell me your secret. Pretty please. I need some help.
my email address is keturamc@hotmail.com
I know you are a busy lady but if you don't mind could you send me some pointers?
Oh, my name is Ketura, by the way.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin