Print Your Coupons Here!

Friday, August 14, 2009

Yes, I'm Still Here

Sorry I fell off the blogging bandwagon this week. Did any of you miss me? I have no good excuse, really. We've just been busy scheduling end-of-summer playdates while trying to fit in a few minutes of school here and there. I can't believe the end of summer is almost here!

H, G, and M all went to a Vacation Bible School program last week and had a great time. They did crafts, learned new songs, had fun snacks, and even did some science experiments. F and I were able to run some errands and get some things done while they did something different for a few days.

H has been attending a sports camp this week, which has been fun for her. We are not a sports-oriented family, so we thought this would be a good way to give her some practice doing a lot of different sports. She's enjoyed learning about soccer, baseball, volleyball, and kickball. Tonight is basketball. She says all of them are her favorites!

I submitted my All You Grocery Challenge exit form on Tuesday. It will be interesting to see how the judges make their final decision! Not an easy task, I imagine, since staying within budget was only one of the criteria. I decided to take a break from taking a picture of our groceries this week. It was late when I got home from grocery shopping and it had been a long day, so I just wanted to get the food put away.

We're gearing up for fall, gathering curriculum, registering as homeschoolers, joining activities and groups for the year, and preparing M for school. Yes, my three-year-old is going to school! Eeek! M has a profound speech delay and had a speech therapist through the last school year, which was great (we miss you Ms. L!). She now falls under the school district and will be attending a special preschool that is run by a speech pathologist. I have talked to other parents who've used the program and it delivers great results. We've met the teacher and she seems very nice. But the preschool is four days a week for 2-1/2 hours a day! It will be VERY strange to have M gone so much, but we hope it will really benefit her and improve her speech.

So we're trying to enjoy the last few weeks of summer before we really get into the swing of things! We hope you are too!

1 comments:

cookiesandmilk said...

My daughter who will be 4 Sunday also has a profound speech delay. Her's is due to low muscle tone. Her preschool offers speech, physical, and occupational therapy all for free. A much better deal than $15 co-pays for office visits three times a week. I also homeschool both of my children on top of the public schooling that they recieve. I'm also behind a bit on the blogging, I logged on just in time for my kids to beg me to blow up the bounce house. Here is to letting summer happen and enjoying the crazyness! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin