Print Your Coupons Here!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sugar Spice Crumb Cake

Happy Mother's Day! If you need something yummy to make for mom, I have just the thing. . .and you probably won't even have to run to the store for ingredients! That's why I love this recipe--it calls for things that are normally in my cupboard and it's easy to throw together on short notice (or if I forgot to plan ahead!). It's probably not all that good for you, but it is SO yummy!

Sugar Spice Crumb Cake
1 c white sugar
1 c brown sugar
2 c flour, divided
3/4 c shortening (or margarine)
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp ground cloves
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/3 to 1 1/2 c sour milk, buttermilk, or sour cream
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c raisins (opt.)

Mix white sugar, brown sugar, 1 cup of the flour, and the shortening/margarine with pie blender or fork until crumbled. Set aside half of this mixture. To the rest, add the other cup of flour, allspice, cloves, and cinnamon. Stir well. Mix in the sour milk and baking soda and beat by hand. Add raisins if desired. Put in a greased 9x13 or 11x8 pan. Sprinkle reserved topping over all. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.

Sorry, I'm not good at taking professional pictures of food, but trust me, this is GOOD! You'll notice it was almost gone by the time I remembered to take a picture of it!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin