Print Your Coupons Here!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

CaringBridge

Do you know about CaringBridge? They provide free, personalized websites that support and connect loved ones during critical illness, treatment and recovery. I had used CaringBridge websites before to stay updated when some friends had a family member who was ill. It was nice to be able to know how to pray for them without having to get a personal update.

When my dad was diagnosed with cancer in February, a couple friends from church again mentioned CaringBridge and suggested I set up a website. I brought the idea up to my parents, and after telling them more about it, they agreed it would be a good idea to keep everyone updated. They didn't know then how much they would come to appreciate it.

I went to the website and was able to create a personalized site for my dad in just a few minutes for FREE! It is very user-friendly and easy to set up and manage. There is even a spot for photos and a guestbook for people to leave messages for the family. Having a central place for friends and family to leave notes of encouragement meant a lot to my family.

My mom says the website has been a god-send. They'd love to be able to keep everyone personally updated, but it just isn't feasible, so we've passed the address on to friends, family, people at work, and people at church. It saves them a lot of time that I can update one website and everyone gets the information right away. People can choose to have an email sent to them whenever I update the site, so they don't even have to remember to check it on their own! And CaringBridge has never sent me any spam.

If you ever know anyone who is hospitalized or has a critical illness, I highly recommend CaringBridge as a way to keep people connected. It is such a blessing.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin