Print Your Coupons Here!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Surprise Date!

When Ted got home from work on Friday, I asked him if I could run to Walgreens quickly after dinner so I could use the $5/$20 coupon. He replied, "No."

Okay. . .

I was taken aback, but he isn't an unreasonable man, so I decided to trust him and keep my mouth shut. Not easy for me. He could probably tell I was wondering, so he finally spilled the beans and told me he had a surprise for later.

Hmm, a surprise?!? That's all he would tell me for the next hour and a half. A little after 6pm he told me that a friend was coming over to babysit and we were going to see the movie Fireproof!

I can count on one hand the number of movies we've seen in a theater since our kids were born (In 2004 we went to see The Passion of the Christ and Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, and in 2007 we saw Evan Almighty), instead being patient until we can rent them for free from the library and watch them after the kids go to bed. But Ted knew I really wanted to go and see this one, thereby lending some support to Sherwood Pictures. We really enjoyed their first two movies, Flywheel and Facing the Giants, and the reviews of Fireproof sounded great.

OH. MY. GOODNESS. Let me tell you, this movie is all you have heard and more. It is awesome. The Kendrick brothers deliver a movie that is both tough and tender and presents the power of Christ to change lives and save marriages. It deals with respect and love and SO much more. I'd say more, but I don't want to give away the whole movie!

If you haven't seen it already, I really encourage you to go. If you can't go now, DEFINITELY rent it when it comes out on DVD, or better yet, buy it. It's a movie I want to add to our collection. Seriously, it was THAT good.

2 comments:

Shari said...

Patrick and I just confirmed we're going to see it next Friday.. it sounds really good!

Anonymous said...

My husband and I got a date for that one, too, when his parents came to visit. Thanks for your comments on my site. I'm sure your life is as fun and interesting as mine! By the way, I did write that poem. It's incredible the material that our kids give us!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin