Print Your Coupons Here!

Monday, October 13, 2008

Coupon Helpers

Inspired by Crystal's post, I decided to try to let go of some control. In helping me to cut out coupons, the kids can feel that they are contributing to the family. I figure it can fit in with homeschooling, too, because it works on cutting, sorting, and even some math. I trusted H to cut well, and she did a great job. M just got some scraps to practice cutting, and I gave G some coupons that I wasn't planning on using to see if she would be able to stay on the lines. She did a pretty good job, but she needs a little more practice before I would trust her with some of the more valuable coupons. All in all, it went well, and I know it is good for me to let go of some control.

I talked to a friend last week about having her kids help her with the couponing. They are several years older, and could really get into this. She said they are trying to save up money for a Wii and would be really motivated! So if you're reading this, E and J, good luck! :-)

Mom Tip: When teaching young children to cut with scissors, remind them that "thumbs stay on top", both the hand that's holding the scissors and the hand that's holding the paper. For some reason, preschoolers automatically want to hold both the scissors and the paper with their thumbs on the bottom. In the picture with M you can see me trying to teach her this. They need to be reminded many times.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Besides cutting, you might let the girls go over some of the Sunday ads to see if they can spot things you and they like to eat/use.

I remember reading a long time ago about a girl who was trying to earn money for... something... but she did it by cutting coupons for her mom and earning the money her mom saved towards that thing.

Go go couponing! I'd do it myself if I shopped at Walgreens or Wal-Mart or... other Wal related stores.

Kerri

Blog Widget by LinkWithin