Print Your Coupons Here!

Friday, September 25, 2009

This Week's Groceries--$48 for a family of 6

I spent $31.72 on double coupon day at the grocery store (before coupon total was almost $100, after sale prices) and almost $16 at Aldi (because again, milk was on sale--and you know how we go through milk!). That brings this week's total to $47.69 for 45 items.

At Aldi I bought 4 gallons of milk, some sliced ham, eggs, 2 lbs. of grapes, bananas, salad, and 5 lbs. of sugar. I didn't bother taking a picture.

At the grocery store, I got more free yogurt (this is why I don't pay for yogurt), free salsa from the Pace sweeps, free Clorox wipes (homeschoolers count as teachers), and better than free Old El Paso taco seasoning (a $1 catalina printed out). The most expensive things I bought were coffee (still a great deal at less than $5) and 7 lbs. of ground beef (on sale). I also bought some Wasabi peas and chocolate ice cream for my husband (okay, I'll probably eat some too!). :-) Besides the produce, everything else was almost free.

This is a pretty typical week of shopping for my family of 6. If you'd like to see more of my weekly shopping trips, go here. If you'd like to see how we use this food and some ideas of some of my menu plans, go here.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin