Print Your Coupons Here!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Hardest Job You'll Ever Love

A reader asked:

Lately have been finding myself tired and worn out, emotionally and physically. I was just wondering, do you feel like this? If so what do you do to get past it?


You are NOT alone! Being a stay-at-home mom is not an easy job. It is 24/7, no holidays or weekends, no sick leave, no paid time off. Mothering is a full-time job with little downtime, especially if you homeschool. Being home all day is exhausting sometimes, and can be more exhausting than working full-time somewhere else! That being said, I'm sure most stay-at-home moms wouldn't trade it for the world. Your question is a good one. Especially on those trying days (but even on normal ones), what can you do to recharge? Here are some things that help me when I am physically and emotionally exhausted:

Rest (naps if needed, but I'm not a good napper)
Down time
Creative outlet (like blogging! or something else you are interested in, like crafts or scrapbooking)
Support (husband, other moms)
Playdates (for the kids, but also for me)
Resting in HIM--going to the Lord for strength and patience

Really the last one, depending on God, is the biggest one. I don't know where you are spiritually or what you believe, but for me, leaning on the Lord for the strength to get through each day, knowing that He will give me what I need to get through even the roughest of days, is what helps me. Even with the scariness of what was happening with my daughter G last week, I know He loves her more than I do and I can trust in His plan. God has given me a peace about all of it that I can't explain. He knows what is going on with her, even if no one else does. He has a plan for her and for our family, and G is His child.

If you'd like to know more about this peace, please feel free to email me. In the meantime, I hope this list helps some, and I pray that you will be able to recharge. Being a mother is not an easy job, that's why we need help and support! :-)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin