Print Your Coupons Here!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"You're Such a Good Person..."

This was what an older lady said to me as I was loading my groceries into my car last week. I looked at her quizzically, wondering what in the world made her say such a thing. "What do you mean?" I asked her.

"You're using reusable grocery bags. You're such a good person to remember to do that." she said.

"Well thank you, but did you know the store gives you a 5 cent credit for each reusable bag you bring in?"

"They do?! I think I might have one or two in my car I could use right now!"

Whatever it takes to motivate you! I routinely save 30 cents or more each week, which doesn't sound like much, but it adds up to $16 or more a year. Again, it's not a lot, so it probably won't be your only motivating factor in bringing your own bags. But if I can be a little green and save some "green" in the process, I think it's great! An added bonus: I no longer have to worry about bag handles breaking while I'm carrying in a load of groceries! All my reusable bags are kept in my coupon bag, along with my calculator, paper clips, pen and scissors. The tools of a couponer!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin