Print Your Coupons Here!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Monthly Tally and 6 Month Checkup

Yesterday I posted about my weekly shopping trip. Now it is time for the monthly tally! I try to keep the grocery spending for our family of 6 to around $220 a month, or about $55 a week. How have I been doing with that?

For February, I averaged $41.27 a week, with an average savings of 74% per week and a total shopping bill of $165.06. It was a good month, but just so you can see this isn't a fluke, here are the weekly averages for the past five months:

My average spending for the month of January was $52.32 per week with an average savings of 71.5% or $116 a week.

My average spending for December was $47.93 per week.

My average spending in November was $69.65 per week with the overall total being $278.61 (OUCH!). I hosted 15 people for Thanksgiving and 14 people for Christmas, so I stocked up A LOT in November!

For October I averaged $47 a week and for September I averaged $53 a week.

So for the past 6 months, I've averaged $215.28 per month or $53.82 a week on groceries for our family of 6, which is right at my goal! When you stockpile and shop the sales, your weekly totals will likely fluctuate, but it is possible to stay within a monthly budget. :-)


Do you set a monthly or weekly budget? Have you started tracking your weekly and monthly spending? Are you seeing a pattern of savings yet?
I'd love to hear if you've been able to shave some money off your weekly or monthly grocery bill, so please leave a comment! Knowing that YOU are saving money helps me continue doing this!

3 comments:

cookiesandmilk said...

My savings are not as great as yours but I am FOR SURE saving half of what I used to pay! Keep up the good work!

Claire said...

I was just talking to my husband the other day about how much money we're saving by 'couponing'! And a big help in doing that comes from checking your blog. (And, of course, the biggest help is from the grace of God who lovingly provides our every need!) Since I've just really started getting into this recently, we're still spending about what we were before (maybe $10-15 less) but we're getting SO much MORE stuff for the same amount. Once my stockpile is a bit fuller, I'll be able to cut the weekly budget back!

Kristi S said...

I love your blog, I found you on PYD and I look at both places to get ideas and love how much you save, I am also Mom to 4 daughters! I commented on your post this wk on PYD, I spent $ 25.53 on $93.32 worth of stuff in 2 transactions, I did buy a few items for my Gramma that were not on sale/no coupons but we made homemade chow mein so was worth it! I look forward to getting many more great savings.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin