Print Your Coupons Here!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Weekly Shopping--Saved 80%

This week I did go to Aldi, and I went WAY over what I normally spend (usually $15/week). We are hosting Thanksgiving for my in-laws, and they would like both turkey and ham. We had already cooked up the ham from last week's shopping to use for our family, so I went to Aldi to buy the spiral sliced ham (we'd rather serve the spiral sliced, anyway). While I was there, I also bought 4 gallons of milk, some whip cream (a family weakness!), 2 lbs. of deli ham, some grapefruits, 4 packages of tortillas, some lettuce, sour cream, and corn muffin mix. I also had a few impulse buys (I know--naughty!). I bought 2 packages of cream cheese wontons, some pumpkin quick bread mix, and some roasted red pepper hummus (yummy!). My total at Aldi was $41.28.

Because I spent so much at Aldi, I really wanted to keep my grocery shopping total low on double coupon day. I focused on my coupons and a few sales items.

I got these items for free or better than free after coupons: 2 Old El Paso dinner kits (thanks My Blog Spark!), taco seasoning (free with a peelie), 2 Activia yogurts, Danimals yogurt smoothies, 6 Yoplait Delights (raincheck), Pace salsa (won from playing sweeps--better than free because it took off $4), 2 Kashi GoLean Crunch (on sale BOGO and I had 2 $3 off coupons making them better than free).

These items were $1 or less: Cake Mate frosting, eggs, 4 packages of Kraft cheese, sour cream, 2 Nestle Cookie dough, Betty Crocker potatoes, butter, cream cheese, and orange juice.

I also bought asparagus, bananas, 2 loaves of garlic bread, and a bag of Doritos. I did 3 transactions over $25 each so I could double 15 coupons. My total after coupons was $18.48. My savings was $72.67, or 80% (savings divided by savings plus OOP).

My overall total this week for groceries was $59.76.

How about you? Did you save some money this week? What deals were you excited about?

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin