Print Your Coupons Here!

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Weekly Groceries--over $190 worth for under $73

I got so many groceries this week, I had a hard time getting them all on the table for a picture. You can click on the picture to enlarge it. I did 5 transactions so I could double 25 coupons. I bought a total of 75 items with a savings of over $117, and ended up getting over $190 worth of groceries for $72.93, a savings of 62%. These items were free or better than free after doubled coupons and sales: Jennie-O 11 lb. turkey, eggs, Johnsonville sausages, Asian Sensations Wontons, 10 boxes of Ronzoni Pasta (overage on every box), a box of Minute Rice, 2 packages of Ready-to-Serve Minute Rice, and 2 boxes of Dreamfield's pasta.

These items were $1 or less after doubled coupons and sales: 2- 2 liters of Mtn Dew ($0.33 each!), ice cream, marshmallows, cooking spray, vegetable oil, apple pie filling, 2-pack of Magic Erasers, 2 cans spaghetti sauce, 2 boxes of Wheat Thins, 10 packages of string cheese, 4 Tony's Pizzas, chocolate chips, 4 loaves of bread, and 2 Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream (they were $0.50 each after coupons, and I unexpectedly got a $1 catalina to use next time making them free!)

I got a great deal on the Cascade, and it ended up being better than I thought! It was on sale for $4.19 and I had $1 coupons that doubled, making them $2.19 each. When I got into the car, I checked my receipts and noticed that they had rung up for $4.59 each, so I went back in to ask about it. Sure enough, they had rung up wrong, so she proceeded to give me back a refund. I expected a refund of $1.20 ($0.40 per bottle), but she gave me back $5.43! When I asked why, she said it was because I get the first bottle for free when the issue is "scanning accuracy", and then I get the $0.40 back for the other 2 bottles. I asked if this was a new policy, since this has never happened to me before, and she said that it had always been the policy, but she usually forgets and just gives the refund (and she has had to give me a refund before). So I said I'll have to remember to remind her next time! So check your receipts, and if there is a scanning accuracy problem, make sure to ask about the scanning accuracy policy! I ended up paying $0.78 per bottle of Cascade because of this! Woo hoo!

The cereal deal was good, as usual. I bought 5 boxes of cereal totaling $10.55 after the $5 came off. I used doubled coupons worth $6.70, making my total $3.85. Then I bought my milk (in the next transaction) which was on sale for $1.98, but the whole $3.25 came from the free milk catalina, making my total $2.58 for 5 boxes of cereal AND a gallon of milk! These deals come around regularly, which is why I never pay more than $1 for a box of cereal.

To see my weekly grocery shopping trips and totals, click here. To learn how to shave money off your grocery bills, check out my Coupon 101 posts. Then slowly get started--I know you can do it!


4 comments:

Jennifer G. said...

Thanks for all the time you spend on helping us all save money & the new baby on the way!!!

Angela said...

Excellent job. :)

Unknown said...

Wow you did excellent!!! You always have good shopping trips!

content2be said...

What grocery store doubles $1 coupons? I am amazed at your haul... well done!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin