Print Your Coupons Here!

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Toothpaste Project - Join Me!

I really like getting things for free, or even getting paid to buy them! Toothpaste is one of those items that I can frequently get for free or better than free by pairing a coupon with a sale. That's why I was so excited when I heard that Joan from the SOUL Light Link Ministry was collecting toothpaste and toothbrushes to send to Peru! I immediately wanted to help! Here's the information about the project:

"We are trying to get 1500 toothbrushes and around a 3 oz size of toothpaste to give one to every woman in the prison in Lima, Peru. There are 243 foreigners, 140 English speakers, and 80 women attending Bible Study in English every week there. We are doing the toothbrush project for Public Relations with the authorities and so every woman will know we care. We will put a tract and a pamphlet about Bible Studies available to them. It is an outreach as these women are in crisis and need to see the love of Jesus demonstrated."

What an easy way for us to use our couponing to bless others! Will you help me collect toothpaste for these women? You can get started this week by going to CVS and getting two tubes of Colgate Total toothpaste for BETTER THAN FREE after coupons and ECB's. Go here and print off 2 copies of page 4, which has a $1.50 off Colgate Total coupon. Here's how it shakes out:

But 2 Colgate Total, $2.99 each
Use 2 $1.50 coupons
Pay $2.98 OOP (plus tax)
Get $4 ECB's back!

As I collect the toothpaste, I'll be using my overage to save for shipping and probably to buy some toothbrushes as well. I also thought about contacting some local dentist offices to see if they'd be willing to donate some toothbrushes.

How about you? Do you already have a stash of toothpaste you'd be willing to share with these women in Peru? Would you be willing to go out and buy some (for free!) to donate to the project?

If you live near me, I'd be willing to ship yours along with mine if you can get the toothpaste or toothbrushes to me. If you'd rather ship it yourself, let me know and I will give you the shipping address (it is in the U.S.). Two tubes of toothpaste may not sound like much, but if we all pitch in and keep watching the sales over the next month or two, we'll be able to make a huge contribution to this ministry project!

2 comments:

4in4 said...

Do you know if they will take sizes larger than 3 oz?

Jessica-MomForHim said...

I know around 4 oz. is fine, and I have sent her an email asking about larger sizes like 8 oz. I would think they'd take whatever! :-) Thanks for your help!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin