Print Your Coupons Here!

Monday, November 17, 2008

iGoogle

Google has a fairly new option for making your own homepage, called iGoogle. I was skeptical at first, but now I am totally hooked (thanks to Ted for helping me set it up)! Let me tell you the reasons I think it's so cool:

  • You choose gadgets to customize your homepage, even a header you like
  • You can centralize all your bookmarks with a bookmark gadget, so that you can log onto a computer anywhere and have all your bookmarks on your homepage (this alone is awesome!)
  • You can easily set up a Google Reader to manage your blog subscriptions (I'll explain this later)
  • You can have separate tabs for home, work, games, etc.
To get started, go to Google and in the upper right hand corner, click on iGoogle, select your theme, and then customize your page by adding "stuff" (on the right side). When you search for gadgets, I recommend adding one for bookmarks. You can also have one for your yahoo, gmail, or other mail account so that you can click straight to it from your iGoogle homepage. You can also add a Google Reader now (I'll help you set it up later). You can click and drag your gadgets around until you like where they are on your homepage. If you think of something you want, just do a search for it. Have fun and let me know if you have any questions!

2 comments:

Shari said...

iGoogle Rocks! I've been using it since we switched over to Gmail and love it. It's such a time saver and nice to be able to personalize it.:O)
Shari

Anonymous said...

I've been using iGoogle for awhile now and absolutely love it. I've been reading through the Bible in a year, I love art history so I enjoy a new piece every time I open my homepage, my FlickR account it on there so I see the latest pics and videos, my RSS thing is on there, my email, the weather, and I think a word of the day type of dealy! Glad you enjoy it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin