Print Your Coupons Here!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Freezer Cooking: Lazy Edition!

I love being able to pull a meal out of the freezer at the last minute, but the idea of spending all day cooking so far has not appealed to me.

But this kind of freezer cooking works for me! It took me less than 10 minutes to put together several meals worth of chicken entrees. Fresh chicken breasts were on sale, so I bought about 7 pounds. When I got home from grocery shopping, I took the raw chicken breasts and divided them up into labeled freezer bags. I dumped in some marinade sauces (BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, and Sweet and Sour sauce), sealed them up, and threw them in the freezer!

I made a big batch of BBQ chicken, which I will put frozen into the crockpot on low for several hours, and then shred for shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches. I made smaller batches of Italian chicken and sweet and sour chicken. Those I will likely either thaw overnight and cook on the stove or throw in the oven to bake. Serve them with veggies or a salad and rice or pasta and you've got dinner on the table with minimal effort!

What do you make for easy freezer meals? I'm looking for more recipes that are quick and easy (read "minimal prep"),
so PLEASE email me or leave a comment!

(Don't make me beg!)

2 comments:

J Rodney said...

That's pretty cool! I have never thought of seasoning it this way, but I will definitely give it a try.

Tweet Cheek Boutique said...

I love this idea. I've never thought to do it. I do separate my burger out into 1lb increments so I can pop it out and use it for a quick pot of chili or spaghetti. Just thaw in the microwave first.
I've also froze pumpkin in pumpkin pie sized increments so when thanksgiving came around I just had to pop a bag out and I was ready for a pie.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin