Print Your Coupons Here!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Annabel Karmel Products

I really like making my own baby food. It's cheaper and I know exactly what baby is eating. It's really not as hard or time-consuming as some people might think, and Infantino and Annabel Karmel want to make it even easier!


The Mash and Serve Bowl is basically like a modern mortar and pestle for crushing fresh fruits and vegetables. I've mostly been using it to mash bananas. I can fit a whole banana (broken in half) in the bowl and mash it in less than a minute. I like that the bottom rim of the bowl is non-slip, and the masher is comfortable to hold. The bowl is easy to hold as well with the green grip on the side, which makes feeding baby out of the bowl comfortable as well. Both pieces are dishwasher safe, but you'll want to let them soak or rinse them before washing, as food bits will otherwise be stuck in the grooves.

The Stackable Food Containers are really nice when you make your own baby food. I've been using them to store individual portions of baby puree, and they snap together because the bases snap into the lids. You can even throw the whole stack in the freezer! The containers are slightly different sizes and stack inside each other for easier storage. I wish the lids snapped together for ease of storage because so far I haven't found an easy way to keep them from sliding all over the cupboard. These store about the equivalent of a baby food jar.

The Freeze Tray is flexible and has a cover, which is nice and makes it easier to stack things in the freezer. The cover doesn't snap on tight, so it doesn't seal the food for long-term storage, but it makes it easy to get the cover on and off this way. I usually freeze my baby food and then store the cubes in freezer bags anyway, so this wasn't a problem for me.

Overall, I love the fun colors of the Annabel Karmel Make it Easy line. It's great that all the products are dishwasher safe and BPA free! I talk about more of her products here. She has also written MANY cookbooks, from baby purees to toddler foods to lunchboxes to fussy eaters and more!

I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for Infantino and have received various Infantino products as part of my participation. All opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin