Print Your Coupons Here!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Super Pumpkin Bars

I LOVE pumpkin! I was SO sad that there was a pumpkin shortage last year (though apparently some people didn't notice). Due to the weather, the national pumpkin crop failed and you couldn't buy canned pumpkin all year. Much to my delight, it is finally back on the shelves! Here is a recipe I got from an elderly friend who used to be my neighbor. They are oh so good and easy to make. (I missed them so much I made a double batch and put some unfrosted bars in the freezer!)

Super Pumpkin Bars
4 eggs
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 cup cooking oil (or substitute applesauce)
1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups flour

Mix eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin until fluffy. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Spread out into an ungreased 15x10 cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Now for the frosting:
3 oz. softened cream cheese
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Cream together frosting ingredients and spread on cooled bars. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin