Print Your Coupons Here!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Easy Apple Crisp

I like making apple crisp because I don't have to mess with a pie crust, plus I LOVE the crunchy toppings of crisps! This is my favorite recipe, adapted from Pampered Chef.

About 8 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (enough to fill a 9x13*)
1 stick of butter, melted
1 package of yellow cake mix (18 oz)
4 Tbls sugar
2 Tbls cinnamon
A touch of nutmeg (if desired--I love nutmeg!)
chopped nuts (if desired--my family prefers it without)

Put prepared apples into baking dish. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over apples. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve alone or with ice cream or whip cream. Yum!

*I used the Deep Dish baker and had enough left over to make another small crisp in a pie plate.

2 comments:

Discovering the Me in Mommy said...

I made some yesterday! Yum!

And I have an award for you here:
http://discoveringthemeinmommy.blogspot.com/2010/10/foggy-mess.html

Kristi S said...

I can't give a recipe, but for my topping I throw oatmeal, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour in a bowl microwave to melt butter mix it up n spread it over.
I love the oatmeal with it! Now I want some!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin