Print Your Coupons Here!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Weekly Groceries--FREE Cereal!

I've been taking a break from posting my groceries (for good reason!), but I wanted to post about my cereal deal today! These General Mills promotions at Roundy's are the reason I don't pay for cereal, because I can always get it for free or better than free after promotions, catalinas, and doubled coupons. I did 2 transactions today:First transaction was 6 boxes of cereal, 2 red peppers, and whipping cream. I used one free Cheerios coupon and doubled 5 more coupons and my total was $3.57 with a savings of $24.33. I also got a catalina for $3.50 off milk and $1.75 off eggs to use next week.

Second transaction was 6 boxes of cereal, bananas, and 3 Reddi-Wip. I doubled 5 coupons for the cereal and my total was $9.21, a savings of $17.88. I also got a catalina for $3.50 off milk and $1.75 off eggs to use next week.

My total OOP was $12.78, of which $9.69 was for the items other than cereal. That means I spent $3.09 for 12 boxes of cereal, PLUS I have $10.50 in catalinas for milk and eggs! My experience with the General Mills catalinas is that they take off the full amount, even if milk and eggs don't cost that much, which means I will likely have overage on the eggs and milk. If eggs are $1.09 and milk is $2.60, I will have $3.12 in overage to cover the $3.09 I spent on the cereal, making all 12 boxes of cereal, 2 gallons of milk, and 2 dozen eggs FREE!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI! I too am excited about the cereal sale. Ours starts on Saturday. I noticed yoplus yogurt is BOGO too and you typically take advantage of that to get overage, if I remember correctly. Any reason why you didn't get any yogurt today?

Jessica-MomForHim said...

You are observant and also correct! I took my youngest 3 girls shopping with me this morning and the plan was to get in and out as fast as possible, so I only did the cereal deals above. I do plan to go back either tonight after hubby gets home or on Saturday to do another transaction for yogurt. How can I pass up better than free yogurt?! :-)

Lana said...

I LOVE when you post your grocery deals! These are some of my favorite posts!! I was busy, so I sent hubby, armed w/ coupons! He did the cereal deal too and got some of the shaved meat.

Kristi S said...

I did awesome this wed. I only grabbed what I had coupons for, my cereal deal I got 6 boxes gm cereal, 1 post cereal, 1 cascadian farms cereal, 1 bagel bites, Spent $3.34 and saved $24.77 got my catalinas for milk & eggs.
2nd trans. used my kraft first taste coupons! I got kraft homestyle mac, koolaid fun fizz, ritz crackerfuls, digiorno deep dich, 100 cal cheese, 3 packs om lunchmeat, 2 crystal lights, 8 corn on the cob, 4 packs of gum, 2 boxes reg ritz, milk. total was $10.48 then used my $10 rr from wags so I paid .48 CENTS! and saved $52.52 and got a $2.00 catalina off next order!
I also did goldfish, grapes and aquapods super cheap at cub.

cassie said...

aqesome deals! love all the free cereal!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin