Here are some tips I've been using to help with the sometimes overwhelming task of laundry! Please let me know if you have any more to share with me! I'm always looking for more ideas!
- Start a load before breakfast each morning, set a timer so you don't forget about it, then throw it in the dryer after breakfast, and hopefully there will be 10 minutes sometime during the day to put it away (though I know that doesn't always happen--but at least it will be clean!)
- To avoid ironing, throw those few shirts and slacks into the dryer for 10 minutes (set a timer so you don't forget them!) and then shake out and hang up.
- Wrinkled clothes? Downy wrinkle-releaser spray works well and dries pretty quickly, or throw the clothes in the dryer with a damp towel for 10 minutes.
- Cut dryer sheets in half to get twice the amount.
- Have the kids help you sort and put away the laundry--the piles aren't as neat, but it goes a lot faster and helps them learn responsibility and where things go.