Print Your Coupons Here!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pancakes in Narnia

Though we enjoy The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis, our girls have had limited exposure to it so far. Ted had started to read the first book to H last year, and we've talked about it a little bit here and there. The new movie "Prince Caspian" comes out tomorrow, so they've heard about it a small bit on the radio, and we've read two children's books from the library. This is a series that really captures the imagination, however, and I shouldn't be surprised that G, who has a very vivid imagination, picked up on it. This morning she asked me, "What is that lion's name again?" (it's Aslan--what child wouldn't love a gentle, talking lion?) and then I overheard her calling, "Sisters! Help me! I can't get into Narnia!" Minutes later when I called her to breakfast, she said to her sisters, "I have to go to Narnia to eat my pancakes!"

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin