Print Your Coupons Here!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

I Wish I'd Caught That!

If you are a parent, chances are you've uttered the words, "Oh where is my camera when I need it?" more than once. Your child is in the middle of doing something cute or goofy or gross, and you stand there wishing you had the camera permanently attached to your hand, knowing that this moment will pass before you can get the camera, turn it on, and start shooting. Sound familiar?

We keep our digital camera on the kitchen counter so it is usually pretty accessible, but there have been plenty of moments lost forever because all spontaneity flies out the window the minute we reach for the camera.

One time in particular I WISH I had reached for the camera was when H was a newborn. Ted and I were up in our bedroom on the bed playing with her, spending some quality time becoming more familiar with our new family. Ted was lying on his back on the bed when he lifted H up in the air above him. He was looking at her adoringly, cooing. She promptly spit up. A LOT. All over his FACE, glasses and all! To be honest, I cracked up laughing! I remember having an internal struggle right then--do I run downstairs for the camera, or do I help clean up my poor husband, who has baby spit up ALL over his face?!? A true dilemma! I decided to help him clean up (through my giggles and apologies). I honestly wish I had run down to get the camera and asked for forgiveness later. :-) Now it is only a memory that we hopefully can retell enough to keep it fresh in our minds.

If you do have your camera permanently attached to your hand and have been able to capture some precious moments, I heard about Mamarazzi Monday from Kim at Mom Tried It.

Canon and JuiceBoxJungle sponsored me to write this post, and talk about what shooting video means to my family. Canon has released the PowerShot SX210 IS, which combines the ability to take great photos and also shoot high definition video. It would be nice to have one of these, but our Canon A630 is still going strong!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin