Print Your Coupons Here!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Freezer Cooking

I bought some extra groceries this week to be able to put some things in the freezer to make life a little easier after baby is born. I spent less than 2 hours, and this is what I accomplished:I browned 1 lb of italian sausage for lasagna, I have 2 lbs of BBQ pork ribs to be made in the crockpot into shredded BBQ pork, and I have a meal of sweet and sour chicken and a meal of BBQ chicken. I also made a BUNCH of purees.

Our family likes to add about 1/2 cup carrot or sweet potato puree to our pancake or waffle mix. It adds some vitamins and doesn't change the flavor at all (at least we can't tell, and I have picky kids!). I also add a touch of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. YUM! So I make a bunch of purees at once, divide them into snack bags which I freeze flat and then put into gallon freezer bags. I did 3 lbs of carrots and 3 lbs of sweet potatoes, so hopefully this will last us awhile! (they are layered in the picture, so there's more than you can see.) When it's time for pancakes, I grab a frozen bag and can usually get the puree out frozen into the bowl, which I then microwave for a minute to soften, and then I add the other ingredients. Easy!

1 comments:

Together We Save said...

That is awesome!! I am impressed. I try and stock up on chicken when it is a good price but I never get this much done.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin