Print Your Coupons Here!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Simple Strawberry Syrup

I've already made a bunch of strawberry freezer jam, and this year I also wanted to make some strawberry syrup! We love having pancakes on the weekend, and I love flavored syrups. This recipe also freezes well so you can make a bunch now and have warm strawberry syrup anytime!
First, cut up your strawberries.Mash them until you have 1 1/2 cups of mashed, unsweetened strawberries.
Boil 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar.Add the mashed strawberries and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.You can stop here if you like your syrup to be chunky. I used my hand blender to puree it a bit in the pot, making it mostly smooth with a few chunks.
Pour into containers and enjoy fresh or freeze for later.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I am making this! Thank you for the recipe. Do you know if you could use Splenda instead of sugar? My father in law is diabetic and could have small amounts of this if I could use Splenda. I bet he would love it!

Jessica-MomForHim said...

I'm pretty sure Splenda would work fine for this. :-)

Patty said...

Thanks for the recipe. I am going to try it. We are also a big fan of flavored syrups. Hope you are enjoying the hot summer! 8-)

Pounds4Pennies said...

This looks delicious. I have frozen strawberry puree in my freezer. I will have to try this.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin