Print Your Coupons Here!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Weekly Groceries

It's been quite awhile since I've posted my weekly grocery run, though I assure you I have still been shopping! Some of you have mentioned that you miss seeing my pictures. Usually it's all I can do to get the groceries put away before I have to feed the baby, but since I got my shopping done in record time yesterday, and since she was still sleeping when I got home, and since you asked. . . I spent $53.68 and saved $57.58, or 52%. Not the best savings ever, but I also got 100 bonus box tops for our homeschool group, which is a value of $10! That's why I bought ALL those cookie and cake mixes! Ted and the kids were excited, too!

These items were free: Chi-Chi's meals x2

These items were $1 or less: bananas, bread x5, string cheese x7, YoPlus and FiberOne Yogurt x4, cake mix x5, cookie mix x9, frosting, and pudding x4 (remember how my hubby feels about pudding. . .!)

I also bought grapes, apples, 10 lbs of potatoes, milk x4, dish detergent, Wisk, and a DiGiorno pizza.

Don't worry, this isn't all we will eat for the next week! In fact most of these items will last us for several weeks or even months. When things are on sale, I buy enough of that item to last me until the next sale, so we have plenty of chicken, hamburger, tuna, pasta, fruit, veggies, cheese, cereal, and more in the freezer and pantry. Expiration dates are far enough out that stockpiling isn't only possible, it's smart!

Since I wasn't posting about my grocery runs, was I blowing the budget? Some weeks were lower, some were higher, but for the past 2 months I've averaged $250 a month on groceries, or about $60 a week.

Cindy emailed me and let me know that she bought 6 Hamburger Helpers for $2 (after coupons) and got a catalina for $3 off her next meat purchase. The deal is buy 3, get $1.50, buy 4 get $2, buy 5 or more get $3 off your next meat purchase. This catalina deal runs through 10/3. Thanks Cindy! Great shopping!

1 comments:

J Rodney said...

Awesome job on the savings! I completely understand what you mean about getting everything done....my baby usually needs my arms as soon as we get in the door.

I'm your newest follower!

I would like to invite you to link up your savings at the Weekly Savings Linky @ Frugality Is Free , it’s a great place to connect with other frugalistas. You can win a free ad space too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin