Print Your Coupons Here!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Weekly Groceries

This week I did go to Aldi and got 4 gallons of milk, 3 packages of tortillas, and a spiral-sliced ham for Christmas dinner for a total of $21.11. I didn't bother taking a picture, because you all know what milk and tortillas look like. :-)

Despite our blizzard, I made it out late on Wednesday night for double coupon day. They were still clearing the parking lot the whole time I was there. I did 4 transactions and doubled 20 coupons. My total before coupons was well over $100, but after coupons I spent $52.66, PLUS I still have 2 catalinas for free milk ($3 off each) for next week. Shopping sales and coupons saved me $84.30. Items that were free: Little Debbie cupcakes (won in Little Debbie sweeps), Nestle white chocolate chips x2, El Monterey Tornados, 1 gallon of Whole milk (used one of the free milk catalinas--still have 2 left).
Items that were $1 or less: Wishbone salad spritzer, 8th Continent Soy Milk x2, Colgate toothpaste, eggs, Florida's Natural orange juice, Hunt's spaghetti sauce x2, Creamette spaghetti, Bananas, Kellogg's cereal x8.

I did the Kellogg's cereal deal twice because I had plenty of coupons. Some will be going to the food pantry, along with the spaghetti. After coupons, I spent $0.50 per box, plus I got a catalina for $3 off milk (which will take off the full $3 even though milk is less than that, making the cereal even cheaper).

My total for the week with both stores combined was $73.77. Last week's total was $35.31 which makes my average for December $54.54 so far. I hope to keep my totals on the lower side (around $50), even though we are hosting Christmas and will have guests for a week. My biggest problem is that I have a hard time passing up good deals!

How about you? Did you find any good deals this week?
Is your grocery total coming down by using coupons?


1 comments:

Amy from GrinningCheektoCheek said...

Didnt make it this week on wednesday due to snow...
I shopped on thursday, and wished every second that it was double coupon day... Oh well!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin