Print Your Coupons Here!

Friday, June 19, 2009

Nestle Cookie Dough Recall

Did you take advantage of the Nestle Cookie Dough and free milk deal this week? I did. Then I saw this post about a recall from DealSeekingMom:

Nestlé USA’s Baking Division is initiating a voluntary recall of Nestlé® TOLL HOUSE® refrigerated cookie dough products. Nestlé is taking this action out of an abundance of caution after being notified that the Food and Drug Administration, together with the Centers for Disease Control, are conducting an investigation into reported E. coli 0157:H7 illnesses that may be related to consumption of raw cookie dough.

Check out the full Nestle Toll House Cookie Dough Recall Press Release for details as well as a list of the products affected. Consumers with products affected by this recall are advised to return them to their local grocer for a full refund. Any questions should be directed at Nestlé Consumer Services at 1-800-559-5025 or www.verybestbaking.com

I love cookie dough as much as the next person, but my mom always taught me to never eat anything with raw eggs in it. Therefore, I get my cookie dough fix from cookie dough ice cream, which does not contain eggs. This is an important reminder that you really can get sick from eating raw cookie dough (or licking brownie batter or cake batter or anything else with raw eggs in it).

And just to be clear, I did call Nestle and they told me to return my cookie dough even if I was planning on baking it. Bummer. I was really looking forward to some cookies! But on the bright side, I guess this will help me a little bit in losing the baby weight! Plus I'll get $6 added back into my grocery budget, so I'll end up ahead because of the free milk and coupons!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin