Print Your Coupons Here!

Friday, March 20, 2009

Double Coupon Day

I LOVE Double Coupon Day! Here are my highlights, after sales and coupons:

Orange juice: $0.98
Arnold 100% Whole Wheat Bread: $0.98
Cookie Mix: $0.50
2 boxes Organic Cereal: $0.50 each
Ground Hamburger: $1.89 lb (I had to restock the freezer, so I bought 9 lbs.)
12-pk. Mtn Dew: FREE (after sale and a $2 coupon from the Kraft sweeps)
2 packs Toaster Strudels: Better than FREE
6 boxes of Cereal AND a Gallon of Milk: $0.66 TOTAL!

Total Spent: $33.59

H had been asking for Toaster Strudels for weeks (I got some for free a few months ago with coupons), but I'd told her they were a special treat only, and that we couldn't get more until I got another good coupon for them. Yesterday afternoon just before I left for shopping, I saw a $1 coupon on Money Saving Mom and printed it off quickly, planning to use it next week. But when I got to the store, they were on sale for $1.79, so I GOT PAID .21 per box that I bought! She also alerted me to a $1 coupon for Honey Nut Cheerios which I was able to use for the cereal deal!

Remember, this store doubles 5 coupons per $25 order, so if you split your groceries into 2 orders, you can double 10 coupons. I don't go in twice, I just keep my groceries separate in my cart and put them on the belt with a bar in between. I also keep my coupons separate by clipping 2 paper clips to the front of my bag (which holds my coupon binder, reusable shopping bags, a calculator, pen, scissors, etc). It only takes a few extra minutes to do it this way, and you could save an extra $5 a week (by doubling 5 $1 coupons, taking $10 off instead of only $5). It might not seem like much, but that's over $250 a year!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin