Print Your Coupons Here!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Be My Witnesses

"...you will be my witnesses..." Acts 1:8

I caught the last few minutes of a sermon by Pete Briscoe yesterday in which he was talking about us being witnesses for Jesus Christ. He said that Jesus is still on trial today in a hostile world, and that we are His defense witnesses. Scary? Not when you think about what a witness is supposed to do:

  1. Speak only what you know
  2. Share what you have seen and heard--that's what a testimony is, how He has changed your life
  3. Answer questions truthfully and honestly
  4. Be a character witness--affirm Christ's character
  5. Answer cross-examination--be prepared to give an answer for your faith (1 Peter 3:15)
I thought he did a good job breaking down the expectations of a witness. It's not so scary when you think about it. And as Christians, that's what we're called to do. So go ahead, put me on the witness stand!

1 comments:

Jessica-MomForHim said...

From Mother:
"I like this and printed it out.
love you so much
m"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin