Print Your Coupons Here!

Friday, July 25, 2008

Just Say "No"!

I've been working on saying "no" this year. My husband and my discipleship group have really been encouraging me to grow in this area! It's a struggle for me because I genuinely want to help and enjoy what I commit to, and when I make a committment, I feel very strongly about sticking to it. Therefore, by the end of the year I can sometimes feel burned out and frustrated, and I know that isn't what God wants for me. And if it leads to an unhappy me, then what follows is an unhappy family because inevitably they are the ones who get the short end of the stick. Again, this is not what God wants for me or them, since I need to be there for my husband and kids. This year I will be kicking it up a notch with homeschooling H in kindergarten and G in preschool, plus I need to work more with M on her speech and I have a newborn. So as hard as it is for me to turn down great opportunities to serve or fun things to be involved in, I'm trying to cut back a little this year. I am not supermom and don't need to be!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin