Print Your Coupons Here!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Printable Coupons vs. Newspaper Coupons

I've been finding that I use printable coupons a lot more than coupons from the newspaper these days. Why? Because the printable coupons are almost always higher value than the ones found in the newspaper. I usually redeem at least 5 printable coupons a week at my local grocery store. My favorite coupons are the ones that are $1/1, because my store doubles those on Wednesdays, taking $2 off the price of a product! I've been able to score many free or nearly free products with these valuable coupons, especially when paired with a sale.

So where do I find my precious printables? Coupons.com has a lot of good coupons on a rotating basis. You can click and print these right from my blog from the blue bar above (you'll have to click through to my blog if you are subscribed via email or reader). Some of my favorite coupons right now:

  • $1/1 Reynolds Wrap foil (doubled this should make for some cheap or free foil!)
  • $1/2 Yoplait Kids
  • $1/1 Cascadian Farms product
  • $1/1 Pert Plus (if you need shampoo, this would make it cheap!)
  • BOGO Welch's AquaJuice
  • $1/2 Tree Top Products (think juice boxes for summer picnics or school lunches!)
  • $1/2 Atkins Advantage single bars (doubled should make them free)
  • .60/2 Pillsbury Italian meal breads (pair these with a sale for $1 crescents or biscuits)
  • $1/1 Del Monte refrigerated glass jar
  • $1/2 Del Monte 8 oz fruit cups
  • .75/1 Shout (combine with $1 rebate at Walgreens)
  • .75/1 Chex
  • $1/1 Quaker Oat Fiber Bars
Another source of internet printables is bricks coupons. I usually find out about them from other "shopping blogs" like Money Saving Mom, Freebies 4 Mom, or Deal Seeking Mom, who are all listed on my blogroll on the right side. I also just found a list of the current coupons here. Some coupons that caught my eye:
  • FREE 2-liter or 20 oz bottle of Dr. Pepper!
  • $1/1 Muir Glen
  • $1/2 Juicy Juice products (more juice boxes! I can't wait until summer!)
  • $1/1 Aquaphor (this works the best for chapped winter cheeks)
I've started something new for organzing my coupons. I take the ones I know I will use at my grocery store and sort them by expiration date. This way I won't let some of my valuable coupons expire before being able to double them at the store. And if I have room in a transaction to double another coupon, I can grab one from that pile. The rest of my coupons (like the ones from the Sunday paper) get filed in my coupon binder. I've been getting lazy, though, and my binder needs a SERIOUS overhaul!

What coupon tips do you have?
What organization system has been working for you?

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin