- HURRY to Target.com to get a beauty bag with samples inside, and also a Poise hourglass sample. Target's samples don't last long.
- Get a free sample of Sunny Sunscreen SPF 34, Better Body Butter & Soothing Cream from Episencial Skin Care.
- Get a free sample of Carolina Herrera Fragrance for you or a friend.
- Get a free Olay Pro-X sample.
- Get a coupon by mail for a free can of Purina Pro Plan cat food when you click "get your coupon" on their Facebook page.
- Download a coupon for a free cup of Activia Selects Greek or French Yogurt. (YMMV--some stores do not accept printable coupons for free items.)
- Get a coupon for two free admissions to use on Museum Day (9/24/11) from Smithsonian.com. One per household.
Monday, August 29, 2011
Friday, August 26, 2011
Last year I participated in a freezer meal swap group and I loved it! There were eight of us in the group. We would decide on meals ahead of time, then go home and make one recipe x8 and put them in freezer bags. The next month we would swap meals and go home with 8 different meals for the month. That is two meals a week, and I really enjoyed the freedom of not having to think about what was for dinner. If I knew we were going to have a busy day, I would pull a meal out of the freezer either the night before or in the morning, then bake it and add a side. Voila! Dinner is served!
I won't be in a freezer swap group this year, so for the past few weeks I have been preparing for the school year by stocking my freezer little by little. On days when I have had a little more motivation, I looked around my pantry to see what I could make into a freezer meal. Other days I purposefully made a double batch of dinner in order to freeze one for later.
Some weeks chicken was on sale so I made some for dinner and then made up several different freezer chicken meals, either cooked or raw with a marinade. Other weeks hamburger was on sale so I froze taco meat and meatloaf. One day I didn't have any meat on hand, but I had noodles, cream cheese, and other ingredients, so I made homemade macaroni and cheese to freeze. Another time we had leftover diced ham, so I made a ham casserole to add to the freezer. Of course I've also made lots of rhubarb berry freezer jam, strawberry freezer jam, and strawberry syrup. Yum!
I love the ingredient search option on allrecipes.com. Type in a few ingredients you have on hand, and even a few you don't, and see what options you might have on hand to make into a meal!
Some days are whirlwind-like, but knowing I have a good dinner in the freezer ahead of time can save me from asking Ted to stop for some take-out on the way home. It saves money and is more healthy, too!
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
If you happen to still be up, go here, type in your zip code and fill in your info and you will get a coupon for a free steak dinner at Outback mailed to you! There are 1 million available, but you never know how fast they will go! Limit one per household. Good for a free 6 oz. steak dinner with a side.
Monday, August 22, 2011
- Get a free 10-unit sample of Eco Bag Pac garbage bags.
- Get a free sample of John Frieda Full Repair.
- Today only, get a free copy of At the Throne of Grace by John MacArthur from Grace to You ministries.
- Get a free sample of Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser.
- Teachers can get a free Random Acts of Fitness for Kids Kit from Subway.
- Get a free copy of the U.S. Constitution. (Thanks Matthew!)
- Get a free sample of Huggies Snug and Dry diapers from Walmart.
- Download the audiobook Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss. To download the whole book, click the zip file.
- Get a free sample of Nescafe Taster's Choice on facebook.
- Get the free ebook Save More, Clip Less by liking The Peaceful Mom on facebook.
- Get a free sample of Burberry Body fragrance for women on facebook.
- Get a code for a free Redbox rental on their facebook page. The code will be good on 8/25.
|Posted by Jessica-MomForHim at 6:15 AM|
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Today (8/20) at Office Depot, from 9-11am, teachers (and homeschoolers) get free breakfast and a free tote bag with sample products and coupons! You can also get 20% off your purchases with your Star Teacher Card.
Tomorrow (8/21) at Michaels, teachers can get a free tote bag with valid ID, along with 15% off your purchase. At my store the giveaway is from 11-3, while supplies last. Check your local ad for details. My store also has free painting Make-It Take-It events running at this time.
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Monday, August 15, 2011
- Get a free sample of Bioré Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser.
- Get a free sample of John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo from Walmart.
- Get a free sample of Origins Night-A-Mins Renewal Cream on Facebook when you enter promo code BRL14374YV.
- Get free workout and weight loss supplement samples from Star Chem Labs.
- Get a free sample of Rachael Ray's Just 6 dog food.
- Get a coupon via mail for free Kerrygold cheese or butter.
- Get a free pair of Capezio Ballet Slippers when you pay $4.95 shipping.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Today only, get a free full-size body lotion and cosmetic bag with any signature collection purchase at Bath & Body Works. This offer is good online or in stores, while supplies last.
Monday, August 8, 2011
- Get a free sample of Always Infinity when you like them on Facebook.
- Get a free sample of Head and Shoulders shampoo from P&G.
- Get a free sample of Mohrdar skin care products, just click "request sample" next to the product you'd like to try.
- Pre-order a free 2012 Women's Health calendar.
- Download free weekly planners and free homeschool gradebooks and record keeping spreadsheets. Thanks Money Saving Mom!
- Get a free sample of Clinique Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturizer when you like them on Facebook.
- Get a free sample of Huggies Snug and Dry diapers from Walmart.
- If you are a Sam's CLub member, you can get another free Huggies sample here.
- Get a free sample of Parents Choice baby formula.
Friday, August 5, 2011
Thursday, August 4, 2011
A friend in our homeschool group suggested a book club for the book Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living by Tsh Oxenreider. Much to everyone's surprise, I am not an organized person. Well, I suppose I am organized in my own disorganized way, but my house is not clutter-free. I've been feeling the urge to simplify and declutter for several months now, so I joined the group.
The second half of the book takes you through your house room-by-room, decluttering and cleaning in depth. Yesterday afternoon I tackled cleaning out the fridge. I know, be still your hearts... ;-)
J, my 14-month-old, came up to me saying, "mama" and spitting "pthh, pthh", sticking her tongue out and drooling everywhere (though the drooling isn't new). Then she kind of pulled on her tongue like she was trying to get something off. I realized she had come up behind me and sucked on the African hot sauce bottle! She wasn't crying, though--that girl is tough! Oh, the adventures of cleaning!
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
I have 5 girls who love to wear dresses. I've never really understood the point of a "slip" under a dress for little girls (unless the dress is see-through or something) because it doesn't help with modesty, or keeping the underwear covered. The trend of wearing leggings under dresses helps, but what about in the summer when it is hot?
I went on the lookout for modesty shorts or biker shorts or anything that wouldn't be bulky under their dresses, but would keep things "private" when little girls are playing and are not as concerned with keeping their dresses down. I scoured the internet and second-hand stores for biker shorts for girls, but the options I found were usually pretty ugly--like orange or black or wild patterns--nothing that would look nice under a pretty dress.
I first heard about Sparkle Farms Bloomers from my sister-in-law, who had a pair for her daughter. They are just what I was looking for, with a little bit of girly "bling", these 3 sparkle stones on the left leg. Cute!
They fit perfectly, not adding any bulk, and do a great job of keeping underwear private while maintaining comfort. We call them modesty shorts, and remind the girls that if people can see their modesty shorts, that means they are not being modest. Therefore it is hard to get an action picture of them with the bloomers actually showing, but here's my best shot--see them peeking out while G got her shoes on? :-)
Currently the Sparkle Farms Bloomers are available in sizes 3-7 in lilac, pink, and white. A set of 3, along with the two tote bags shown, is $25, or you can buy them individually. I asked Sharry if they would be expanding their sizes since my oldest is 8, and she said they are! In the fall she is adding sizes 7/8 and 10/12 in brown, navy, and black, the "private school" colors.
Sharry is offering 20% off your order of $25 or more with the code MOMFORHIM.
WANT TO WIN A PAIR? You have seven chances to enter! The first one is required because I need to be able to contact you if you win. Be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry, as this will increase your chances of winning. If you are reading this in a reader or in your email, you will have to click here to leave a comment on the post for your entry.
1. Leave a comment with your email. What do you do to encourage modesty? (Feel free to leave your email in a format like myname at gmail dot com to discourage spammers.)
2. Subscribe via email or RSS reader. Leave a separate comment that you are a subscriber. I love my subscribers! If you are new, welcome!
3. Follow my blog with Google Friend Connect. Look for the lovely pictures of others on the right side of my blog, add yours, and then leave a separate comment.
4. Follow me on Twitter (@MomForHim) and tweet this giveaway with a link to this page. Include @MomForHim in your tweet. Then leave a comment! Follow @mysparklefarms for another entry!
5. Post this giveaway on Facebook with a link to this page so your friends can enter too! Then leave a comment saying you did so! While you are there like SparkleFarms on Facebook!
6. Grab my button. Put my button on your blog and leave a comment with your blog's address for another entry! You can find the code to cut and paste on my right sidebar.
7. Blog about this giveaway. Post a link to this giveaway on your blog and leave a comment with the address directly to your blog's entry.
This giveaway will close on Wednesday, August 10th at midnight and I will select one winner using Random.org. The winner can pick their choice of size in either pink or lilac and the prize will be shipped by Sparkle Farms.
*I received a complimentary pair of Sparkle Farms Bloomers to facilitate my review. Sparkle Farms is offering the giveaway. All opinions are my own.
Monday, August 1, 2011
- Get a free sample of either Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal or Kashi TLC Peanutty Dark Chocolate Layered Granola Bar.
- Get a free sample of Exederm Baby Care Products.
- Get a free sample of L'Oreal EverSleek Intense Shampoo, Conditioner, and Humidity Defying Leave-In Creme.
- Get 4 free fragrance samples from Mary Kay.
- Print free Ginghams paper dolls and furniture.
- Get a free sample of Garnier Fructis Anti-Dandruff Shampoo.
- Get a free CHAD sticker for your child's carseat here.
- Freschetta will be giving out free slices of pizza on Thursday, August 4th at 11am CT. Sign up for an email reminder.
- Print a coupon for a free Signature Collection Body Care Item with Any $10 Purchase at Bath and Body Works. Expires 8/14/11.
- Get 2 free issues of Family Circle magazine from ValueMags.
- Get a free can of ProPlan Cat Food when you like them on Facebook.
- Get a free sample of Flora Reed Diffusers from Astra Candle.
- Get a free sample of U by Kotex.
- Get a free sample of Poise products.
- If you have wanted to try cloth pads, get a cloth liner for the cost of shipping ($3.99).
- Print free chore cards here.
- Print free homeschool planning pages.